The Mt Buller Race Department has tailored a race-training program designed for all levels of skiers, boarders and cross country. Our team of Australian and international race coaches assists racers to develop their technique and race to their full potential.
Race Private Lessons | Alpine and Snowboard
Race Privates are great for training in preparation for any competition or to offer a challenge to the seasoned Skier or Snowboarder
Note: Prices listed are for one person. Additional people (up to 5) may be added at $22 per person
|2015 Private Lesson Prices
|Half Day (4 hour)
|Full Day (7 Hours)
Group Race Training | Alpine, Snowboard or Cross-country
An introduction to the appropriate racing technique is followed by practice through a racecourse set to suit the group's ability. Maximum benefit is obtained from constant practice and racers will achieve an even higher level of expertise and greatly improve their knowledge with more frequent training. Training can be booked for either two, three or four hours per day. Coaches are assigned to groups of a maximum of 10 students to ensure a high level of improvement and success for each individual. When booking the number of coaches you will also need to consider that each group needs to be of a similar standard.
Bookings for these group race training sessions are made though firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Trials / Club Races | Alpine and Snowboard
Time trials are electronically timed races and, depending on your requirements, are invaluable, not only in offering novice students their first taste of competition racing but also in making the task of selecting teams for Interschools less arduous. Competitors can have two, three or four runs on an electronically timed race course and be classified according to age, division or ability. At the completion of each race, a result list containing times and places is issued.
The following types of time trials/club races are available:
- The location will generally be on Skyline, designed for first-time racers of intermediate standard.
- The cost for two runs on the Giant Slalom course is $28 (weekend) and $25 (midweek, except school holidays) per competitor.
- Minimum of 20 competitors required to hold this event.
- Challenge trials will generally be held on Little Buller Spur, starting from halfway down, designed for racers from Intermediate to Advanced level.
- The cost for two runs of the Giant Slalom is $38 (weekend) and $33 (midweek, except school holidays) per competitor.
- Minimum 30 competitors required to hold this event.
For bookings please contact our Buller Holidays team at email@example.com
- The Snowracer Series is held on Little Buller Spur and offers racers the chance to compete prior to the Interschool races.
- Dates: 5th July (Giant Slalom), 11th July (Giant Slalom), 18th July (Cross-Country)
- ENTRIES DUE: 2 days prior to event
- The cost for 2 runs Giant Slalom is $37 per competitor.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 placegetters in each division (conditions apply).
- To download a registration form look under the Event Entry forms page under Events.
To download the 2015 Race & Events Department planner, click here.