Mt Buller will come alive with three days of fun and festivities on the Labour Day long weekend, March 8-10, when the Bike Buller MTB Festival presented by Kona and Picnic in the Park events take place at the resort.
Run by event management company Rapid Ascent, the team behind the Anaconda Adventure Race Series, Kona Odyssey and a number of other large-scale adventure events, the Bike Buller MTB Festival presented by Kona brings all that is great about mountain biking to Mt Buller’s spectacular trails. Riders of all levels are catered for in the three-day schedule:
· Stage 1 - A Stirling Circuit: 50km cross country (XC) over Mt Stirling and back again on the incredible ‘Stonefly’ single track and other flowing trails in a magical alpine setting.
· Stage 1b – 35km XC. A shortened version of Stage 1 that still takes in Stonefly and some stunning alpine single track.
· Stage 2 – Mavic Crossmax Enduro: a 4.5hr multi-lap enduro down a flowing XC-downhill course where riders catch the ski lift up as part of each 6km lap until the final 12km Super D descent to the ‘Picnic in the Park’ food, wine and music festival at the bottom of the mountain.
· Stage 2b - The Mt Buller Super D: a friendly 12km top to bottom race down a flowing 1,100m vertical descent to the ‘Picnic in the Park’.
· Stage 3 - Cornhill Cranker: 22km XC: on the flowing single track around the Mt Buller Village and neighbouring Corn Hill.
· Stage 101 - The Kids Ride - 10km: held on the single track around the Village - designed to give kids their own MTB fun experience.
· Flow Pump Track Pursuit: Head-to-head pump track racing in the Village Square to the beats of Red Bull’s DJ truck. Winner takes all (cash) prize.
On the Sunday of the long weekend, the Picnic in the Park food, wine and music festival will take place in the picturesque Mirimbah Park, at the base of Mt Buller. Held from 11am-5pm, Picnic in the Park gives visitors the chance to to experience the beauty of the High Country in autumn and sample quality local produce from an excellent array of stallholders, including local wineries and breweries, gourmet food producers and eateries plus face painting and activities for kids. A sensational lineup of musical acts will entertain picnickers all afternoon.
Director of Marketing, Sales & Business Development for Mt Buller Mt Stirling Resort Management, Amber Gardner, is looking forward to a great weekend in the region. “There is so much happening in the Mt Buller area over the Labour Day long weekend - it really is it a fantastic time to visit. The Bike Buller MTB Festival presented by Kona is our signature mountain bike event, with plenty of action for riders of all ages and levels, and lots to do for their family and friends too. Picnic in the Park is a fantastic afternoon, with the Delatite River running right by the park and plenty of grass to put down a rug and enjoy some beautiful food and wine while the kids enjoy fun activities and paddle in the river. Plus, the Merrijig Rodeo on the Saturday evening offers an old-fashioned good time with plenty of colourful local characters and the best rodeo riders in the country putting on a great show!”
Entry to Picnic in the Park is $15 and includes a souvenir glass and a glass of wine. A free shuttle will run from Mt Buller to the event. For further information on these events, accommodation and more visit mtbuller.com.au.
VIEW WEEKEND PROGRAM HERE
Marketing & Communications Manager
Mt Buller Mt Stirling Resort Management
M: 0429 776 185